Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Great Program From Kids Come First

As part of our Safety on the Internet Program, Kids Come First distributes this contract to be filled out by parents and their children at our seminars. We suggest that your family keeps this contract visibly displayed by your computer. We urge kids to set some rules for their parents as well.

After all, RULES AREN'T JUST FOR KIDS!


(Please note that this contract is to be used as a guideline in creating your own family contract.)

I have studied the rules about Internet Safety, and I know that following these rules will help to make the Internet a safer place for me. I know that using the computer is a privilege and I must obey certain family rules when I use the computer:

1. I will only enter Chat Rooms and other areas of Instant Messaging with my parents’ permission and I will give them my buddy list.

2. I will choose a safe screen name that can be for a boy or girl that will not reveal personal information about my family or me.

3. I will not communicate from my home computer or away from home with anyone on the Internet that I met online and do not know personally.

4. I will never meet anyone in person that I met on the Internet.

5. I will not share my password with anyone except my parents.

6. I will not register at ANY websites or create my own website without my parents’ permission.

7. I will not include personal information in a profile. I will not share any information about my family in any way with someone I have not met in person and have only met online. This includes things like my name, address, phone number, age, and school name.

8. I will treat others with respect when communicating online. I will use good language and will not pick fights or use threatening or mean words.

9. If I read or see something bad, I will tell my parents immediately.

10. I will not send my picture to anyone online without my parents’ permission.

11. I will always tell my parents about communicating in any way—email, phone call, or instant messaging—with any adults no matter who they are—even family friends.

12. I understand that my parents love me and do not want anything bad to happen to me and for that reason they may use software to monitor my computer or limit where I go online. I know that by protecting me they are protecting all of our family.

13. I will teach my parents and siblings how to use the Internet safely.

14. I will act responsibly and make my safety and the safety of my family a priority.

I agree to the above.


Your signature ________________________________Date__________

Parents:
I promise to learn the rules about Internet Safety. I promise to protect my child’s safety online by making sure our family rules are posted where everyone in the family can see them and by making sure they are followed. I will place computers in our home in a public area such as a den or kitchen.

If my child encounters an unsafe situation or gives away personal information while using the Internet, I will calmly learn how this happened and will not blame my child without knowing all of the details. I will work to ensure their safety and their trust.

Parent Signature(s) ____________________________Date____________

Kids Come First, www.kidscomefirstonline.org

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can reveal that I agree with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is even now a question as you did in the downgrade delivery of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=winamp pro 5.52 + plugins + 30 skins ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you use the dreary methods of helping of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging allowing for regarding that singular model. The prices for the velcros were approximately 230 dollars everwhere. But for all I found this locate selling them for half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon friends. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for that meticulous brand. The prices for the shoes were approximately 320 dollars on every page. But for all I found this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good day friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that meticulous make. The prices seeking the shoes are approximately 170 dollars on every page. But definitively I set this site selling them for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum.. Hope to have nice time around here...

big respect, Dennis from [url=http://www.myonlinepayday.com]My Online Payday[/url] website!